Enrolling Instructors or TAs
Anyone with an instructional responsibility in a course has to be listed with the class in MyZou. You'll need to have the user listed with the class in MyZou, then when they enrolled in the Canvas site, we can change the student to Grader or Course Designer if you prefer either of those roles.
Students who are enrolled in your class in MyZou are automatically enrolled in Canvas sites. Students appear in Canvas within 24 hours of enrolling in a course in MyZou.
Enrolling External Users
If you want to add a user to your Canvas site who is not affiliated with Mizzou or a UM System campus (e.g., guest lecturer, professional reviewer, accreditor), please contact Human Resources at (573) 882-7976 request a courtesy SSO for the user. When the courtesy SSO is created contact Course Design & Technology at (573) 882-3303 or email@example.com to add the SSO to the Canvas system.
Enrolling users to your course site
- From within your Canvas course site click on People.
- Click the Add People button.
- Change the "Add user(s) by" button to Login ID.
- Enter the pawprint of the user you would like to add. If you have multiple users you can enter them all separated by commas.
- Choose the role you would like the user(s) to have (available roles are student and observer).
- Select the section you want them to be in.
*If you do NOT select the box for "Can interact with users in their section only" the new user will be able to see all of the users in the course site.
- Click Next.
- If you have put in the correct pawprints the next screen will resolve with the person's first and last name and look like the picture below. If the pawprint does not resolve, either you have entered an incorrect pawprint or the user does not have a Canvas username.
9. Click Add Users. Click Done.
Unsuccessful add: Stop and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the username added to Canvas.
Note: If you need assistance enrolling a user in your course site, please email email@example.com.